Cloud computing is viewed as one of the most significant shifts in the modern day IT landscape, and it is having an enormous impact on the enterprise market. It has become a common enterprise theme to focus on an infrastructure, platform and application cloud model, these are commonly known as IaaS, PaaS and SaaS respectively. If deployed and managed correctly, businesses can benefit immensely by moving from a traditional enterprise IT infrastructure model, to a Cloud based service.
The Cloud offers low cost, open and flexible models that give instant elasticity based on the business requirement. Cloud based services mean businesses no longer have to invest heavily in traditional IT infrastructure and resources and are therefore able to scale their IT usage based on their needs at any given time. This gives businesses flexibility and agility and enables them to avoid the initial capital investment and the costly overheads that are generally associated with the procurement of enterprise IT on premise infrastructure, licenses and support models.
1. Cloud is an enabler of consuming applications and services from anywhere, anytime and from any device.
2. Reducing internal costly skill sets and creating efficiencies in delivery.
3. Allowing businesses to meet market demands and shifts with greater speed and elasticity.
4. Shifting IT organisations from a support function to a business transformation function.
5. Commoditization of Infrastructure and achieving economies of scale in the data centre.
NEXTGEN Vendors’ solutions